MH SET stands for Maharashtra State Eligibility Test, and it is held by the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) every year. This exam is for prospects who yearn to apply for the position of Assistant Professor in the college or universities of Maharashtra and Goa.
MH SET is a state-level eligibility exam taken in 32 different subjects of Law, Physical education, Arts, Mental, Management, Commerce, Science, and Moral & Social Science Management.You can prepare for any subject you want as per your expertise, and for your complete assistance for preparation, you can register with BYJU’S Exam Prep, as they can provide you with complete information on the syllabus, exam pattern, and notes.
MH SET Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criterion for MH SET exam; this will provide you with an idea of whether you can apply for it or not. A proper exam preparation strategy must be adopted by the aspirants. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to know more about it.
- There is no age limit for the MH SET exam which means you can apply for it at any age.
- You must be an Indian citizen if you want to apply for this exam
- There is no prior experience needed for applying
- For applying for MH SET, it is a mandate for the prospect to possess a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of SET.
- Candidates from the general or unreserved category should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in Masters or equivalent degree.
- Candidates from the reserved category should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Prospects who are still doing their master’s degree or have appeared in the final year examination can also apply for the MH SET exam.
MH SET Selection Process
Let us know about the selection process of MH SET-
Step 1- Fill out the application form
The first thing you need to do is fill out the registration form. You can find the form on their official website. Once you finish the registration, you will be diverted to the application form. You can fill in the information and submit it online. In fact, you can also pay online through net banking or credit/debit card. Once you submit the form, do take the printout of the form for future reference.
Step 2- Download the Admit Card
The admit cards are available on the website 10 days prior to the exam date. For downloading the admit card, you need to enter your username and password. Then, take a printout of the admit card and take it along to the exam center.
Step 3- Appearing for the exam
The most crucial part comes, i.e., appearing for the MH SET exam. You will have to go to the allotted exam center. The exam is held in two sessions, and there are two different papers; you need to attempt both of them for clearing the exam.
Step 4- Check the result
You can check the result on their website by entering your roll number. Only the top 6% of the candidates are considered qualified for the Assistant Professor post.
Highlights of MH SET Exam
- The exam is accomplished offline, and the exam period is 180 minutes.
- It is conducted once a year.
- The exam fee is Rs.850 for general and Rs.650 for reserved
- There is no cap on
- the number of tries for the MH SET exam
So, if you also aspire to become an Assistant Professor, then start with the preparations. If you want to make your preparations better than your competitors, sign up with BYJU’S Exam Prep, as they provide students with the best study material updated with the latest news, current affairs), audio-video recorded lectures, notes, and exam-focused topics.
Stay connected with education blogs & write for us education.