Ayurveda, the proud medical practice of Indian origin, is standing tall in the global medical arena with its extraordinary healthcare techniques and nuances. As per the World Health Organisation, more than 50% of the global population is inclined towards ayurvedic medicine. Ayurvedic hospitals are taking a sharp positive turn and have reached a global Ayurvedic market value of USD 5304.25 million by 2022.
This article will provide a detailed outlay about Ayurveda and the best Ayurvedic hospital in India, their services, and many more facts for you to realise the global influence of Ayurveda.
|TABLE OF CONTENTS:
● Ayurvedic hospitals and their service agenda
● Ayurvedic educational courses in India
Ayurvedic hospitals and their service agenda:
Ayurvedic hospitals in India have a great range of healthcare services, hence driving almost 87% of the Indian population towards them. Ayurvedic Hospitals possess a wide range of departments offering notable healthcare services for patients.
Here are the most prominent departments and their services in the best Ayurvedic hospital in India.
Kayachikitsa – General Medicine:
Kayachikitsa department is the fundamental ayurvedic department that every best ayurvedic hospital and ayurvedic research centre should possess to provide first-round medical support to their patients. Around 90% of ayurvedic visits are towards the Kayachikitsa department
The scope of services of this department includes:
- First-hand health support to out-patients.
- Prescribing medicines for common health ailments such as fever, cold, cough, etc.
- Handling minor wounds and injuries.
Shalakya Tantra – ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat):
Shalakya Tantra department in top ayurvedic hospitals such as Sri Sai Institute of Ayurvedic Research and Medicine, the best ayurvedic hospital in Bhopal and others deals specifically with ears, nose and throat.
The service scale of this department is as follows:
- Diagnosing ear, nose and throat ailments.
- Treating discomfort in ENT and prescribing medicines.
- Conducting diagnostic tests such as hearing and balance, swallowing and speech, etc.
- Treating serious issues related to ENT such as head and neck cancers.
- Referring to the surgery department if needed.
Stri Roga and Prasuti Tantra – Gynecology and Obstetrics:
This department caters to the needs of women’s health, especially to reproductive facets and female characteristic facets of the women. More than 50% of pregnant women choose this department in Ayurveda for their healthy parturition. This department is opted prominently among ayurvedic courses in top colleges such as the best ayurvedic colleges in Bhopal and others.
Here are the scope of services of this department:
- Female Reproductive Health Support
- Female Sexual Health Care
- Testing and treatment of vaginal infections.
- Pregnancy and parturition services such as normal delivery and Caesarean delivery.
- Diagnosis of ovarian cancer and treatment support.
Kaumarbhritya – Pediatrics:
Kaumarbhritya department is the most important department that has to be present in the best ayurvedic hospital in India that deals with infant’s and children’s healthcare.
This department earns the most number of patients as around 72% of parents feel Ayurvedic medicine to be a safer choice for their children.
Various services offered in this department are as follows:
- Infant care and health support
- Neonatal Intensive Care Services
- Children’s health care and treatments
- Diagnosis and treatment of children’s medical ailments such as physical malformation, syndromes and much more.
- Cooperating with the surgery department in handling critical children’s surgery cases.
Panchakarma – Purification Therapies:
The Panchakarma department is one of the ayurvedic service departments that the best ayurvedic hospital in India holds a strong wing. This department deals with purification therapies that are performed to treat various health conditions and also a preventive medical service for patients.
This department holds a great call among the global population as most of the international visitors to Ayurvedic hospitals experience services in the panchakarma department.
Shalya Tantra – Surgery:
The most sensitive department of the Ayurvedic hospitals is Shalya Tantra which is dedicated exclusively to surgeries in various facets of the human body.
The best Ayurvedic hospital in India such as Sri Sai Institute of Ayurvedic Research and Medicine holds an exclusive expert team in this department to offer high-standard surgical services.
Beyond these departments stands the supportive service branches such as:
- Dravyaguna deals with Ayurvedic pharmacology which deals with Ayurvedic drugs, substitutes, manufacturing, etc.
- Swasthavritta deals with social and preventive medicine at both personal and community levels.
- Rasashastra and Bhajya Kalpana which emphasises medical chemistry and ayurvedic pharmacy practices.
- Roga Nidan and Vikriti Vigyan are dedicated to the diagnosis of various healthcare ailments.
- Agada Tantra deals with the toxicological aspects of Ayurvedic medicine.
Getting an idea about all these Ayurvedic departments will give a complete understanding of Ayurvedic hospital services.
Now, let us get to know the courses that create a career as an Ayurvedic doctor.
Ayurvedic educational courses in India:
|Course||Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||Doctor of Medicine (MD)||Master of Surgery (MS)|
|Course Description||BAMS course is concentrated on educating the basic ayurvedic practices and techniques along with knowledge of herbs, shrubs, and much more. This course trains students for handling and treating general medical ailments with ayurvedic procedures and medicines.||MD course is concentrated on advanced-level diagnostic and treatment education in chosen human health facets.||MD course is concentrated on advanced level surgical education in chosen human health facets.|
|Level||Undergraduate level||Postgraduate level|
4.5 years of classroom education + 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship
|Eligibility Criteria||● Candidates should have completed 10+2 in any recognized board with physics, chemistry, and biology as compulsory subjects
● Candidates should have completed a diploma in any of the above-mentioned subjects
● Candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% in the eligible course. A relaxation of 5% is provided for the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC.
● Candidates should be a minimum of 17 years of age.
|● Candidates should have completed a BAMS degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate score at any recognised Ayurvedic college.|
|Admission Procedure||Admission to the BAMS course is based on the NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) score.||Admission to MD/MS is based on NEET PG score.|
|Average Fee Structure||INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000 per annum.||INR 2,00,000 to INR 12,00,000 per annum|
Diving deep into various departments of Ayurveda handed out a great idea on the various Ayurvedic hospital services in the best Ayurvedic college in India. On the whole, as per statistics, ayurveda medical practice is climbing higher and is expected to reach higher global health choices with a market value of USD 10,408.51 million by 2028.
1. What are the benefits of ayurveda hospital?
- Natural healthcare practices
- Long-term cure treatments
- Treatment for root cause
- Minimal or no-side effect treatments
2. What are the 3 benefits of Ayurveda?
- Purify and detoxify the human body
- Minimal or no side effect treatments
- Long-run health support
3. Does BAMS require NEET compulsorily?
Yes, admission to BAMS in any Ayurvedic medical college in India requires a NEET qualification.
4. What is the salary range of a BAMS doctor?
The average annual salary of a BAMS doctor in India is approximated to be INR 3.6 lakhs per annum. But, the salary scale of a BAMS doctor varies from INR 2 LPA to INR 8 LPA.